Save Over $120 Each Month With Coupon Codes!
There’s a lot you can do with an extra $120 a month, but you’ll never know if you don’t get your hands on it. Online shopping is becoming one of the most preferred ways to purchase goods. Stores are trying to increase this trend by offering discounts and savings on everything from individual items to shipping costs. Using these coupon codes could potentially save you over $1,400 a year!
The concept of clipping to save isn’t anything new. Many people remember watching their parents sift through weekly fliers looking for the best deals, slipping cutouts into special envelopes that keep everything organized. There are a lot of savings to be had when shopping this way, but choosing the clipper lifestyle isn’t for everyone.
First and foremost, it takes a lot of time sifting through deals to find the items you can actually use throughout your home. Many coupons force you to purchase items you’ve never tried before, which can leave a bad taste in your mouth. To get the most savings, extreme couponing depends on you buying in bulk as well, requiring expendable income that many shoppers just don’t have at the moment.
A Better Way
While not every item is going to offer discounts, a study from 2019 shows that using these codes for online shopping can potentially save you upwards of $1,400 a year. That’s like saving for a vacation simply by shopping! The basic breakdown of the study looks like this:
- Average shoppers spend $23,016 annually. Using coupon codes, they can save 6.4% of the total expenditure, about $1,465 each year.
- Most of the savings come from household goods which saves around $272, second only to grocery purchases at $316 in savings.
- Coupons generally match with about %40 of products purchased online, with an average of $30 savings at checkout.
Obviously it’s impossible to get everything you’d like via online shopping. Even for products that are easily available on virtual shelves, many shoppers simply prefer to make their purchases in person. Regardless, making the simple change to buying household goods online may save you a lot of money in the long run.
Getting a Bigger Bang for Your Buck
While there’s a good chance you won’t be able to do every bit of shopping on the internet, there are quite a few ways you can take advantage of all of those online savings. Follow these easy steps and you may see a big drop in those monthly expenditures!
- Use an app: Sifting through coupon codes instead of weekly fliers is just trading one time waster for another. There are several apps that will do the hard work for you while you just sit back and shop ’till you drop.
- Timing is everything: Moving your bigger item online shopping to later in the year may save you a bundle. Many stores focus on October, November and December to take advantage of the Christmas rush, offering more coupon codes to draw shoppers in. April and May are also great options, though you might not save as much.
- Sale stack: Just like in reality, virtual stores often have multiple ways to save. You can take advantage of this by “stacking” those offers together. Try using a current sale, coupon code, shipping discount and gift card to save the most at checkout!
Using coupon codes is a big benefit thanks to the freedom it gives you. You aren’t tied to particular stores when an app or website can guide your online shopping towards virtual stores with the most savings. Even if you aren’t saving as much as the study suggests, it’s such an easy process not to use it is like throwing your money away!